Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2012!

It's been interesting the past few months, sharing what I read with you. And I have enjoyed it. I plan on enjoying it for quite a bit longer in fact. I'm not going anywhere just yet. But I do want to thank those of you that are reading. I am thankful to have such wonderful people visit this page.

Now, I'm going to remind you about a few small things, that I mentioned what seems like eons ago. The reason that I am going to do this is because I feel it's important for anyone who reads to know that there are plenty of options available.

Our current economy, (yes I say Ours, because it effects everyone)means that when we pick something to read we are forced to be more selective. At least, when we are purchasing hard copy media. Digital media abounds in various formats, and there's a large amount of it out there. Various formats and types too.

I personally have found a lot of enjoyment by utilizing my eReader to peruse a good number of pieces, some of which you've learned of, some of which you've yet to be told about. but I want to remind you about the sources I use to get new things to read.

Project Gutenberg. ( http://www.gutenberg.org )
This site has a large variety of different pieces available. A good number of them are pieces that have passed out of print, or their copyright has become null. So you'll find a good number of classic pieces, as well as some lesser known older works here. I like to browse here when I feel nostalgic.

WOWIO ( http://www.wowio.com/ )
This website is nice for people looking for afford-ably priced books. They give out free books now and then as well, and they have a section of pieces they call Brain Bytes that are nice for self educating, or reading to provoke thought. If you enjoy comic books, they have a good number of graphic novels available at their site, some in color, some in black and white.

Smashwords ( http://www.smashwords.com/ )
I LOVE this website. Why? Because you never know what you're going to get. I've found quite a few authors via this site that I positively ADORE. If you're not sure what kind of books you're interested in, you can search by topic. What I also like about this site is the large variety of file types that the different pieces are available in.

No comments:

Post a Comment