Monday, January 9, 2012

Irregular posting all of a sudden?

No, not really, but kind of. Sometimes I don't have the time to read. Not because I don't want to read, but because I have another obligation that may be taking up my time. These include a variety of things. Work isn't necessarily the biggest culprit either, though it can be a factor at times.

There are plenty of other things that I enjoy spending time doing. An example of this that has been taking up some of my time recently is game nights. Sometimes we play cards, or board games, or even video games. I never really realized before how much time a video game eats up. But I started paying attention recently, and realized that some sessions can last 3 hours! But what do I gain from gaming?

I get a sense of belonging. I spend time interacting with like minded people in an activity that we enjoy. True there are some gamers that rage when things aren't going their way. But more often than not, I play with people that are playing simply to enjoy the game.

I'm going to be blunt though. I won't play a game if I can't enjoy it. I value my time enough that I know there's no point in using my time to play something that I'm not going to at least have fun with. but yeah, I'm not slacking, I just haven't read as much recently. Though I am reading! Honest.

I just need some "social" time now and then to stay sane.

2 comments:

  1. you're welcome to do guest entries on nonreading stuff on my blog you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankies ^_^ I might take you up on it. I haven't decided what I'm reading net yet though ~_~

    ReplyDelete