Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vampires take Vacations Too!

It seems that these days supernatural themes are very popular. That, and I really enjoy reading about monsters and that kind of thing. So today we're looking at a short piece that seemed to hold promise.

101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
Joleene Naylor
24 pages

This short piece has a highly humorous tone to it. I'm guessing though, that rather than being a stand alone short, it was intended to be a supplement to the authors other work. Which annoyed me slightly. I had no idea when I added it to my reading list that it was going to give me more questions than answers. Yes, I am being honest when I say that it annoyed me slightly.

On the bright side there's enough cute funny tidbits to make it worth reading. For example:
"Before you buy your vampire friend an undead rubber ducky, make sure they have a sense of humor."
All in all it honestly wasn't bad. But previous exposure to the authors works may be beneficial in order to fully appreciate the piece. Though I can't give a rating for her other work, this piece is appropriate for a general reading audience.

^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment