Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Candied Killers On The Shelf

Okay, so it's time for the first actual entry about a hard copy book. (*gasp* I know! Hard to think anyone really reads hard copy anymore). I'm sure you've probably come to the conclusion that I generally read for amusement, not for knowledge. But that doesn't mean what I read is always fluffy.

But in this case, it is.

Peppermint Twisted
by Sammi Carter
249 pages

Peppermint Twisted is part of Sammi Carters Candy Shop Mystery series. I personally have not read any of the other books in the series, but that did not hinder my ability to follow the content of this book.

When the Mayor swoops in and randomly changes the Head of a local Art festical, the towns artisians are fit to be tied. They threaten to leave the festival, and pull their money. The next thing anyone in town knows, there are 2 people dead, and still no clue as to who's done it.

The main character in the series, Abby, is left trying to put the pieces together as the local police try to place her as their main suspect. With many twists and turns, the story is a fun trip to small town life.

What Is also interesting, and I'm going to mention this because it has no real literary value to the book at all, is that the Author actually includes recipes for some of the candy that she describes in the book. I'm not shy at all, I've got plans on making the Peppermint Fondant she describes. It doesn't sound that hard.

This book is recommended for teens and adults. The recipes in the back, can be shared with general audiences. (The fondant can likely be done with young kids without worry of harm coming to anyone or anything).

Got a favorite Candy recipe that's simple and fun(as well as delicious?) feel free to share it with me in the comments below. I'd appreciate it ^_~.

No comments:

Post a Comment