Sunday, November 27, 2011

In The House

Okay. Short stories can be pretty weird. But that doesn't really stop us from wanting to read them anyway. Yeah, I know that you already know that I read weird stuff. So today for your enjoyment I'm recommending 2 short stories that involve "in the house" aspects.

Death on the Toilet
Robert Stikmanz
20 pages

This is an enjoyable story, about a man and his accidental introduction to Death. We get a unique description of what Death appears like, as well as to what Death smells like.

This story takes an interesting look at Deaths job, as well as the reactions people have at meeting Death. Recommended for mature readers, not because of the content, but because some of the items mentioned may confuse younger readers.
_______________________

Appliances Included
Mark Souza
50pages

A nice horror read for teens and adults. This story examines the history of a families 'new' home. It gives a recounting of the places history, and examines how rumors can be ignored. I enjoyed it's simple straight forward sty;e, as well as the unexpected twist at the end.

_______________________

Yeah I know this post is horribly short. But the stories aren't so long that I can give a deep analysis of them without possible spoilers. So feel free to read, please feel free to drop me some suggestions ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment