Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting into the Holiday Spirit

Why? Because I feel like I haven't been giving you enough Holiday themed reads this month. I'm sure none of you are complaining. But I would like to be able to offer you options that may appeal to you. And this time of year is the right time to try and read seasonally.

The Holiday Collection
published by The Indie Eclective
131 Pages

This book includes ten different holiday themed stories, by various authors. The variety of topics is refreshing, and there seems to be a story for any reader. The sad thing is that, some of us really need stories like this to remind us there is hope. People have a tendency to forget things that they don't like, or things they don't think about frequently.

I was personally intrigued by the "Snow Whisperers". It asks a sweet romantically inclined question: What would you give to be with someone you loved? It used familiar elements, as well as some new ones. For a short story, it really impressed me.

As a whole, the collection is a great read. There really are stories included for everyone. (I suppose the content list of the collection would be prudent to include.) I do feel that regardless of religion, there is a piece in this collection that will appeal to you.

The content list:
St. Claws by Alan Nayes
Snow Whisperers by Lizzy Ford
Saving Grace by Julia Crane
O Christmas Cactus, O Christmas Cactus by M. Edward McNally
Fred's Best Christmas by P.J. Jones
Fresh Snow by Talia Jager
Let's Ride by Shea Macleod
A Very Shero Christmas by Jack Wallen
The Darkest Night by Heather Marie Adkins

I don't think there's any reason to restrict the readers for this book. But and adult should read these through before they allow children to read any, as some of the content may be questionable. Very enjoyable though. I highly recommend this collection. I got my copy from Smashwords.com (just in case you're wondering where to find it)

No comments:

Post a Comment