Monday, December 5, 2011

Stories About "Food"

Ok, so when it comes time to find winter themed Short stories, it wasn't really too hard to find them. The problem has been how to divide them into a logical assortment for presentation. So i've decided to do it topically, with a few stories in each post.

This post includes winter stories revolving around food, OR that have a food type starring in the title. I'm not all that picky, but I enjoy a good story as much as the next person does. That Said I suppose it's time to let you start looking at the stories.
____________
Food Fight- A Holiday Short Story
by Christina York
16 pages

This eStory had me as soon as I started reading it. The stress of that first big meal that any family has together is enough to drive folk crazy. This story though, takes a look at the first Christmas Dinner that a couple has.

The story is both fanciful, sweet and fun. It's definitely worth the time it may take you to hunt it down. I got my copy from the Nook Book store. If you do a hunt for the author you may find some of her other works as well. (I do believe she lists some things at the end of her story).

The story is appropriate for all age groups. It doesn't really posses "fowl" language, and it has a lot of descriptions that will make you smile and laugh.
____________
Attack of the Sugar Plum Fairies
John H. Carroll
52 pages

This story made me giggle. Why? Well, let's just say you get a glimpse at the going ons at the north pole as seen by some of the lesser mentioned characters. Not only that this is a fun story for teens and adults. According to the author he feels it would not be appropriate for children, but I think it would be fine as long as you are willing to explain to them what is going on.
____________

Well that's two short stories to get you started on your hunt, remember that even goblins like food, so if you have a cookie recipe to share feel free to post it ^_~ I'd love to know what kind of foods you're looking forward to indulging in this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment