Wednesday, December 28, 2011

More Stories Concerning "Food"

There are a lot of different writers out there, and many of them have different perspectives when it comes to similar things. Today's food stories aren't about everyday foods though, they are about fanciful ones. Which means that there's no telling what you may actually find between the pages.
_______________
What Dragons Prefer
Dayle A. Dermatis
10 pages

This is a delightful story about a Dragon Hunter and her interactions with a village " plagued " by a dragon. The results as a whole are startling and unexpected, which means it is a WONDERFUL story.

I recommend it more for teens and adults than younger children due to some of the topics the story covers.
_______________
Supernatural Cookbook
S.W. Douglas
40 pages

I didn't know what to expect when I picked up this piece. Part of me hoped that it would be full of recipes I could actually use. But to my delight and disappointment, it is full of fictional recipes. This will give you ideas on how to cook various characters from supernatural stories and films, all the while trying to get a laugh out of you.

I recommend this read for teens and adults. The humor would be lost on young children. Besides, they might be inclined to think the recipes could work.
_______________
Cain's Apples
Bryan Lee
11 pages

This story is kinda creepy. It involves the consumption of apples. But unlike some familiar stories, the eating of the apples doesn't affect you, it affects someone else. This means the tale hints at spite and revenge at times, but it also has a hint about consequences.

Teens and Adults would enjoy this, I do not recommend it for children.
_______________

Well I do hope that you are having a fun time reading. Remember that if you have any thoughts about any of the pieces I have mentioned, I'd love to hear them, as I am sure you're fellow readers would as well.

Also, don't hesitate to recommend a fun read to me. I just might enjoy it ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment