Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Philabelle McCarthy

Today is my cousins Birthday, and I can't really think of a way to acknowledge it better than sharing it with the rest of y'all!

No she's not an author, but she's aspiring to write her life story down someday. When she does, you know I'll be writing about it here.

She's kinda like a sister to me, if you know how it can be with Family. So it isn't really odd to think that I have no idea what to get her for her birthday. There's not much I can think of that I can get right now that would be an effective gift, so having her here will hopefully do. She's gone through a lot in life so far, and she's come out of it, stronger and still the strong person we know and love.

Since today is also the first of December I needed to pick out something appropriate to share her birthday with her. Do you have any idea how hard it is to pick out just one piece with that kind of pressure?

I wasn't sure if I could decide on just one, so I've decided to select 2 books that hint at things we've done in the past.
________
Interview with a Vampire
by Anne Rice
352 pages

This is a book that I'm sure a lot of you have read already. The hints of intrigue, the marvelous descriptions of New Orleans and Paris. The unique fascinating characters that simple step from the pages into your imaginations. It is a very good read, and well worth the praise that it has received since it's first publication, in my honest opinion.

What else can I say about this book? It's a strong lead in to the rest of the Vampire Chronicle books. As well as a nice first look into the worlds that Anne Rice creates between the pages of her books. (I'm not shy to say I haven't read a good number of her books, maybe I'll write about another one at some point hehe)

The Movie is also highly recommended. The costumes are lovely, and the acting isn't half bad either.
________
Best Enemies
by Kathleen Leverich
80 pages

This is a children's book that while we didn't exactly have a relationship like the one in the book, it's one that shows how kids interact. It shows how you can have a friend who is really an enemy, and the kinds of chaos that can cause for a child.

One reason I am offering this book up on her birthday is because the main character is a strong one, and she figures out a way to take care of her problem without relying on someone else to do her dirty work. My cousin has a strong character, and wouldn't let anyone do anything to her like Felicity was doing to Priscilla either. Hrmmm... they both have P names, how cute is that?
________

Hopefully this is just one of many more birthdays for her. Oh! Happy Birthday to all of you who share this day with her. You're all very special unique people.

Also, YAY winter holiday time! If you see any neat light displays let me know ^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment